Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 162 Flood


The rains came and they stayed! Up to 10 inches fell in the area. We were in the 5-6 range. This is a picture of the Root River that runs through the park in town. It was drastically over it's banks. In the distance you can see the tree damage from the big storm that ripped through town last month. We were actually the lucky ones. Towns 30-40 minutes to our north were devasted by the flooding. Schools, homes and businesses were destroyed by the water and major highways impassable. Those not directly affected by the flooding suffered with sewage backup in their homes. It was very sad to see the pictures and hear the stories. My prayers go out to all those affected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

About This Blog

I have always had a love for photography so after years of just enjoying other people's photos I figured that I should focus more on my own :) This is my second year of doing a 365 day photo blog. I learned so much my first year and I am excited to see what this year brings!

Followers

365ers/52ers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP