Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 150 September 11th


Where were you September 11, 2001? I had just finished celebrating my son's 5th birthday the day before. I woke up on a beautiful Tuesday morning to an image of a burning skyscraper on every TV channel as the first plane had just flown into the World Trade Center. I watched in horror as the rest of the events unfolded that day and feared for our own safety. I cried for the families who lost loved ones that day. My grandfather was admitted to St. Mary's Hospital to only find out later that he had stage 4 pancreatic cancer. How quickly our lives can go from joy and happiness to immense sadness and helplessness. It's a valuable lesson to appreciate life, thank God for every day you are here and always tell your family how much you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

About This Blog

I have always had a love for photography so after years of just enjoying other people's photos I figured that I should focus more on my own :) This is my second year of doing a 365 day photo blog. I learned so much my first year and I am excited to see what this year brings!

Followers

365ers/52ers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP