Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 1 When it rains, it pours...literally!

So we had this wonderful 30th birthday party for Brian.  It was the first time in four years of home ownership that we actually used our basement for entertaining.  We were very excited about using our basement for more than just a play room.  Then a few days later our sump pump failed and it flooded :(  It happened in the middle of the night, but luckily I saw the water coming in and was able to wake up the members of our family to get everything of value up off the floor.  We had our sump pump replaced the next day, but we had to rip out a majority of the carpet in our basement.  We bought fans and a shop vac to clean up the mess before we were to leave the next day for a vacation to Florida.  The next day the brand new sump pump failed and we flooded again!  Luckily my sister was house sitting and was able to clean it up for us.  This is the mess we returned home to.  We just keep thinking that it could have been worse!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

About This Blog

I have always had a love for photography so after years of just enjoying other people's photos I figured that I should focus more on my own :) This is my second year of doing a 365 day photo blog. I learned so much my first year and I am excited to see what this year brings!

Followers

365ers/52ers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP