Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 26 Better late than never?

Photobucket
My ex husband was deployed to Afghanistan in October. He made the selfish decision to not tell our son and I only found out days before his deployment through the grapevine. I even had to break the bad news to James. To make matters worse he refuses to even call our son and has only sent him a couple of one line e-mails. James has had very little contact with his dad's side of the family since May of last year and no one from his family even invited James to their immediate family Christmas gatherings. No cards, no phone calls, no gifts. Very confusing for a kid. Well, today an Aunt showed up and dropped off gifts from the family. I am not sure what to think, but James was happy that they finally thought of him. So Christmas at the end of January it is. This is a collage of pictures of his dad in the giant sand box. He flies Black Hawk helicoptors so many of the gifts were related to that. It was the first time that his dad has even aknowledged that he is overseas. Better late than never I guess.

On a happier note, I decided to skip the Shred today and try something new. I went out and bought Shred It With Weights after work at the suggestion of one of my coworkers. I need to keep variety if I am going to stick with it and I have always wanted to try working out with kettleballs. Loved it!

6 comments:

  1. Nicole, there is not a comment that would convey my sadness over the situation. However, looking at your son in your photos, it seems you have done an amazing job of parenting him through this very difficult time. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume you are not together then? I feel for the situation xx This is a sweet shot. Your son has a lovely presence about him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad :( I feel so bad for your son.

    I have to have variety in working out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is better late than never. I can only imagine the emotional trauma it all must be for you. Hang in there. I hope that things improve with that side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This black and white is sooo beautiful. Perfect conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear this, however your son seems to be happy to have received these gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

About This Blog

I have always had a love for photography so after years of just enjoying other people's photos I figured that I should focus more on my own :) This is my second year of doing a 365 day photo blog. I learned so much my first year and I am excited to see what this year brings!

Followers

365ers/52ers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP