Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 121 Tumultuous Weather

It wasn't a very nice week weather wise to be on vacation. From 100+ degree days to turbulent storms! We were nearly blasted out of bed at 5:30 AM by one of the strongest storms we had witnessed since moving into our house 3 1/2 years ago. We were the lucky ones. Nearly every street in our town suffered major tree damage. We only had minor damage and our house was fine, but we were without power for 7 hours. We couldn't return to our camper until we knew that the power would be restored for we didn't want to lose all the meat in our freezer. By the time we headed to the camper and to drop James off at gun training this is what we encountered:



We left town right before the tornado sirens went off, but got stuck in torrential downpours with no visibility. After we dropped James off we went to check our camper.

Only a small amount of flooding on our site...the poor vintage Bethany made it through though! Again, we were luckier that most:

Many other sites looked like this one, including Brian's parents' site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

About This Blog

I have always had a love for photography so after years of just enjoying other people's photos I figured that I should focus more on my own :) This is my second year of doing a 365 day photo blog. I learned so much my first year and I am excited to see what this year brings!

Followers

365ers/52ers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP